This Day In UFO History: Oct 28, 1973 Man Encounters Aliens Along Road While Changing Tire, UFO Sighting News.

Date of sighting: October 28, 1973
Location of sighting: Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Source: APRO Bulletin, Vol. 22 No. 3 (Nov/Dec 1973)

On Sunday, 28 October 1973, in the first hour of the morning, truck driver Dionisio Llanca had a fantastic experience. Dionisio, a calm and quiet bachelor arrived at a hospital in Bahia Blanca in a state of total amnesia. Three days later as he regained his memory he related his extraordinary experience - - a night encounter on route H3 with a flying saucer and beings that talked with "chillidos" and who took a sample of his blood.

Dionisio Llanca got up late on Saturday, 27 October 1973 and put on old pants, shirt and dark sweater and lounged about the modest painted cottage on Calle Chubut, only ten minutes from the center of Bahia Blanca. He ate lunch early and napped during the siesta period because he would have to drive all night long.

He arose about six P. M. and watched a television serial, which it should be noted was realistic and direct, and without fantastic elements. About 10:00P. M. he ate a dinner of beef, salad, and two glasses of Cepita, a non-alcoholic beverage, with his uncle Enrique Ruiz. A few minutes after midnight Llanca said goodbye to his uncle and got into his truck, a Dodge 600, loaded with construction material to be delivered to Rio Gallegos, a two day trip. After 12 years of driving the eyes become accustomed to observing conditions, even in the shadow of the street. He discovered that the right rear tire was low. He was of a mind to change it but decided to leave instead. When he left the house it was 12:30. Sunday had already begun. The truck began to roll down route #3. The tire got lower and there was nothing to do but change it. Dionisio regretted not having changed it at the ESSO service station on Calle Don Bosco where he stopped at 15 minutes to 01:00 to get gasoline. Now he would have to get out on the dark and desolate shoulder in the cold of the morning and change it. It was now 01:15 and he was removing tools, wrenches and jack with no one to help. He began changing the tire. "I braked the truck on the shoulder, got down, took out the jack and the tools and began to change the tire. The road was completely deserted. All at once the road was illuminated with an intense yellow light that seemed to be about 2,000 meters distant. Because of the color I thought that they might be the headlights of a Pugeot and continued with my work. A few seconds passed and I had my shoulder to the light but it became so bright that it lighted the whole area. Now the light had changed to a bluish color similar to an electric arc welder. I tried to get up but could not rise; I had no strength, and a strange thing - - my legs would not respond. I was on my knees. I wanted to get up and look towards the woods that grew along one side of the road. Then I saw a great thing in the form of a plate suspended in the air at some seven meters altitude, and three persons at my shoulders looking at me. I tried once more to get up but could not. The paralysis became total and I could not even talk. The three beings stood looking at me for a long time, perhaps five minutes. They were two men and a woman. The woman was between the two men. I believed it was a woman because of the form of the breast and the long hair, blonde, reaching to the middle of her shoulders. The men were also blond with shorter hair in back. The three were about the same height, one meter and 70 or 75 centimeters, and dressed in the same manner: single piece smoky gray coverall suits well fitted to the figure, % yellow boots and long gloves reaching to the middle of the arm of the same color. They had no belts, nor weapons, nor helmets nor anything else. Their faces were like ours except for high foreheads and elongated eyes, like the Japanese and a little tilted. They talked among themselves in a language impossible for me to inderstand. They had no vocal inflections but sounded like a...... like a radio badly tuned with chirps and buzzes. One of them grabbed me by the neck of my sweater and lifted me firmly but without violence. I tried to talk but my voice would not come out. While the one held me up another put an apparatus in the base of my index finger on the left hand. They looked closely at the apparatus. It was like a razor but had a small tube. They applied it to me for several seconds. It did not hurt. When they left I had two drops of blood on my finger. I believe I then passed out because I can remember nothing else."

Dionisio could not remember when he a-woke. The time is calculated to be between 2 and 3 A. M. on Sunday. When he opened his eyes he was among the rail cars in the yard of the Sociedad Rural de Bahia Blanca, exactly 9 kilometers 600 meters from the point where the encounter took place. He could remember nothing, not even his name, nor the episode, nor the truck, nor his home. He was nauseated and cold. He began walking toward the road guided by the lights of the vehicles. Recently, on the 30th when he awoke in a bed in the Municipal Hospital of Bahia Blanca he remembered the experience in detail. His clothes were intact, folded in the drawers of the bed. He felt a desire to smoke and to know what time it was. He went to his clothes and discovered that his watch was missing, and also his cigarette lighter and cigarettes in a meta! box were missing. The pockets of his pants still contained the 150 thousand pesos that he carried upon leaving home. He asked about his truck which worried him more than the UFO and its occupants. He was told that the police had found it parked on a shoulder in Villa Bordeu, some 18 kilometers from Bahia Blanca, with the jack in place and one tire ready to change. His papers in the glove compartment had not been disturbed.

It is still a mystery concerning what occurred between the time Dionisio awakened among the rail cars, some 10 kilometers from where the encounter took place, and the time when he was treated by Doctor Ricardo Smirnoff at the hospital. "I am a forensic surgeon. I had rotating duty on Sunday the 28th. About 9:30 Dr. Altaperro at the Spanish Hospital called me and said that he had a curious case. I arrived at the hospital about 10:15 and saw a young man of about 25 or 26 years of age in a state of total amnesia. He could remember nothing of his past. He did not know who he was, where he was born, who his parents were or anything about his past. He cried continually and asked what town he was in. The doctor told me that a man had left him at the hospital after encountering him wandering in the center of the city, like a robot, and asking everyone he met where a police box was. At first he thought that he had had an automobile accident on the road. He changed this as he had no injuries. When I touched his head or came near his hand he drew back instinctively as though it would produce pain. He had a bad headache in the right parietal temporal area. I notified the police and had him admitted to the Municipal Hospital."

Dionisio Llanca is a simple, almost primitive man. In two days of interviews he remained withdrawn and did not even smile. He is serious with a remote sense of humor. One of the doctors characterized him as "innocent." When he is asked what he thinks about UFOs, he says "Nothing, It doesn't interest me." In reality, there are few subjects that -Interest Dionisio except his town, his parents and his work. He does not like to think about the events of that night.